Tabriz International Airport (Shaheed Madani) was established in 1329 with the mission of providing air services, scheduled and non-scheduled, educational and military flights for passengers, applicants and other national bodies and under the supervision of World Aviation Organization regulations in its current location.
For the first time in 1326, an office called Air Wireless started its activity in the city of Tabriz in a building known as Wireless at the end of the current Army Street, and in 1329, the name was changed from Air Wireless to Air Station, and a dirt runway was established at the current location of the airport. Was used.
In 1335, with the installation of navigation devices in the area of the airport and air station, the name was changed to Tabriz Airport, and in 1337, the operation of a 3-story building and a control tower on the fourth floor in the airport area began, and it was put into operation in 1338. And the air service between Tabriz and Tehran and vice versa with 2 weekly DC3 flights was opened by Iran National Airlines (Homa).
However, since 1356, the first foreign flights to Mecca were made from Tabriz airport, but it was in 1370 that Tabriz airport became truly international, and in 1378, this airport was introduced as one of the first-class airports in the country, which is now In addition to civilian flights, it also provides services to military flights.
Another important facility of Tabriz airport, besides airport services, shops, banking, parking, is the benefit of two domestic and foreign flight terminals.